The following was compiled at Buzzfeed in an article titled “How to thank a soldier, by George W. Bush.” Here are a few of the best photos:
1. Look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake. No one appreciates a firm handshake more than a soldier.
4. Always treat their families with great respect. They have been through more than you could imagine.
5. Laugh with them! Laughter is a medicine that works 102% of the time.
7. If you know a soldier, call them on the 4th of July.
9. Each soldier has an amazing story.