VIA/Aluminum foil can be used as a tool for treating many health conditions like rheumatic pain, burns or eye bags. It is also used by the Russian and Chinese traditional healers in their methods.
Many studies have proved that aluminum foil is useful for treating the following health conditions:
- Back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Postsurgical scars
Aluminum foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
Aluminum foil can be really effective remedy for easing pain in the back, arms, neck, legs and joints.
In addition, it can be useful for treating sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and heel pain.
- Envelop the affected area of the body with the aluminum foil.
- Fix it with a bandage.
- Leave it to work through the night.
- If your arms, elbows, knees or legs are impacted, envelop the foil around the painful spot and fix it with a bandage.
- Implement this treatment for 10-12 days and then you can have a pause for 1-2 weeks.
- Iterate the treatment if the pain is not gone.
Flu and cold treatment
This foil is very effective in the fight against infections. If you like to avoid antibiotics, this treatment will do the job perfectly. It will remove the symptoms of cold and flu that can make you unable to finish your daily activities. You will beat the cold in just 2-3 days in natural way.
- Envelop your feet in 5-7 layers of foil. You should place cotton or paper between each layer.
- Hold the wrap fo one hour and then take it off.
- Iterate the same procedure 2 hours later.
- Leave it to work for one hour.
- Again, wait for 2 hours and repeat the whole procedure again.
- Do this treatment for whole week.
Aluminum foil for burns
Aluminum foil is able to ease the pain caused by burns which are result of fire, hot water, oil, steam and other liquids.
- Expose your burn under cold running water for few minutes.
- In case your skin is unharmed, you can dry it with some soft, clean towel.
- In case the skin is damaged, you will need to absorb the water from the wound with the help of sterile gauze.
- Then you will need to smear a thin layer of ointment, but make sure that you have dried the wound well, in order to prevent the gauze from sticking to the wound.
- Cover the burn with sterilized gauze.
- In case the burn is not open you should put aluminum foil over it. But if it is open put gauze first and then you can apply the foil. At the end you will need to fix it with a bandage.
- Don’t remove the foil until the pain is reduced.
Alleviating post-amputation or phantom pain
A research has proven that aluminum foil can be helpful for reducing the pain after some amputation of an extremity. This pain is also called a phantom pain.
The results of a study on amputees released in the British Journal of Pain point that the post amputation pain was noticeably reduced in patients whose affected areas were enveloped in aluminum foil in comparison with the patient who didn’t experience this treatment.
- Envelop the affected place with aluminum foil.
- Fix it with bandage
- Take it off when the pain is reduced or gone.
Treating insomnia and fatigue
The beauticians and makeup artists around the world recommend the aluminum foil as very effective tool because it is able to refresh and reenergize your face after sleepless night.
- Place some aluminum foil pieces in a freezer for several hours.
- Put the frozen pieces on your cheeks or eyelids.
- Wait for few minutes or until you notice that your facial muscles are relaxed.
- Then you can remove the aluminum foil while the symptoms of insomnia, fatigue and stress on your face are gone for good.
Which side to use?
Each side of the aluminum foil is good for certain health conditions. For example, in order to warm or maintain the temperature on particular body part, use the shiny side on the inside, straight on the skin. If you like to cool down or protect from the heat, use the matte side on the inside.
Anyway, the natural healers claim that no matter which side you use, you will gain the same effect.