ROMNEY WORDSWORTH – In Venezuela, that Socialist Paradise, which has larger oil reserves than Saudi Arabia, the economy has essentially collapsed, the communist government that engineered the train wreck is in hiding, and the people are left to hunt dogs, cats, and pigeons for food in the country’s capital of Caracas. Vigilante mobs have replaced the police, and any semblance of law & order. The paper money is worthless, except as toilet paper, which tops a long list of household items that are impossible to find in that country anymore.
This is what a country looks like post-collapse. This is one of the scenarios that America’s Prepper Movement has been preparing for. Are you ready for what happens when Obama crashes our economy on purpose on his way out of the White House, to leave the country in shambles out of spite for a President-Elect Trump to take stewardship of?
A collapse of civilization in America is closer than you think. Obama has been busy planting the seeds of our demise. One of those seeds bore its rotten fruit this past Memorial Day in Atlanta, Georgia. On that day, a family in the Lawrenceville suburb of Atlanta were suddenly attacked. Dami Arno told police she was in her garage talking with her daughter when an unknown Muslim woman emerged from the nearby woods wearing a full burkha. They were attacked by the Muslim woman who was enraged that the Arno family was flying an American flag from their mailbox. The burkha clad woman wrenched the flag off of their mailbox and charged them in a sudden, unprovoked, assault. The woman was later arrested by police and charged with battery. Beyond her name, Amina Ahra, the only thing she would divulge to police is that she is “from Africa”.
But what will you do if the police are not around? They won’t be if the electrical grid goes down, or a general civil war starts here between Americans and the Muslim jihadists that Obama is shipping in by the thousands from the Middle East. What will you do, and are you prepared?
Here is the short list of what you absolutely, positively need to survive a fall of civilization:
1) Water. You will die of thirst long before you’ll die of hunger. The longest you can last without clean water to drink is about 72 hours, or three days. Beyond that, your kidneys are going to shut down, and a painful death follows. The average person uses an average of one gallon of water a day for drinking, cooking, and hygiene. Your water has to be potable (drinkable). If you get your water from a tap, you will lose it as soon as the electricity goes out, because water utilities depend on pumps to deliver water to homes. If you don’t have stored water or an alternative source in an emergency, you will be the first to die. The best alternatives include a manually accessible well on your property, a nearby stream or brook, rain barrels, and covered swimming pools. In all cases, a water filtration system will be indispensable.
2) Food. You will die of hunger, on average, in two weeks, but there is a lot of flexibility in this number depending on your BMI, and how much extra flab you are carrying around on your gut. Food is more readily storable than water, but this is a very broad category to consider. There is freeze dried food, canned food, vacuum packed jarred food, etc. But the best option is to have some fresh food. That can be supplied by a garden, subsistence farming, orchards, and live game on the hoof (if you have the implements and skill to hunt and butcher live game).
3) Heat. Depending on where you live in the country, and the time of year a collapse could strike, you will find that your home is just a big, cold box without the power and fuel to run your HVAC system. The most common alternative in an emergency is for homeowners to burn wood locally available, either in a wood burning stove or a fireplace. Being caught exposed to freezing temperatures will kill you within a few hours, and make dying of thirst look like luxury.
4) Security. Desperate times create desperate people. Friends and neighbors become frenzied zombies when they are driven insane with hunger. If you cannot keep predators away, they will steal your wealth, even if they have to kill you for it. Don’t let it come to that. Arm yourself with a variety of weapons and stock up on plenty of ammunition. If you are barricaded in your house fighting off marauders, you will become keenly aware of why 2nd Amendment advocates fight against gun control politicians who are always looking to restrict the sizes of gun magazines and cartridges.
Most homes in America are appallingly indefensible, by the way. Especially those McMansions that have been built since the 1980’s with lots and lots of super-sized window frames a grown man can walk through without even having to stoop. Bullets go through those paper thin walls like they aren’t even there, and most doors are cheap and hollow. Consider adding a stockpile of burlap suitable for making sandbags with to your prep list.
5) Medical Supplies. It would be embarrassing to survive thirst, hunger, frost, and looters only to succumb to an infected wound. First aid kits and basic medical skills, like C.P.R., are must. Learn how to handle major and minor cuts, how to stop a wound from bleeding and how to keep wounds from becoming infected. Learn how to clear an airway, and when and how to use a tourniquet. Learn how to make a splint, and how to reset a broken bone (simple fracture). Avoid heights. Compound fractures from a nasty fall will well be fatal to one’s health in a Mad Max World.
6) Know When to Hold Fast, and Know When to Run. Always be prepared to bug out and flee. Knowing when this time has come is the real trick. If you live in a high rise apartment in a city, you should be bugging out the minute a collapse event occurs. If you live on a farm in a remote, rural area, you probably won’t find any better place to make a final stand. Read about the campaigns of George Washington. After letting himself get surrounded as a Colonel of the Militia at Fort Necessity and enduring the humiliation of surrender, Washington made sure he never let himself be boxed in again. As a General in the Revolutionary War, Washington was always careful to have a well prepared escape route.
The wealthy elite are spending millions on armored bunkers and buying refuges in New Zealand. Assume that they know something that you don’t.