VIA| President Obama has been caught in yet another lie, and this one has even liberals disgusted.
A report released over the weekend revealed that Obama lied about Pakistan’s role in the special forces raid that killed Bin Laden. The expose states that Obama did this so that he could take more credit for himself.
The accusations stem from a piece written for the London Review of Books by Pulitzer prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh, who claims that Obama’s address after Bin Laden’s death caused “chaos” in the intelligence community and forced them to corroborate his story.
Hersh quoted intelligence officials from America and Pakistan for the story, as well as Navy SEALS who admit that the White House and CIA lied to the public about pretty much every aspect of the Bin Laden raids.
Here are some of Hersh’s most explosive claims, according to Daily Mail:
- The Pakistanis had been essentially holding bin Laden captive at the Abbottabad compound for years.
- The CIA learned of bin Laden’s location from a Pakistani intelligence official who tipped off American operatives hoping to claim the $25million bounty on the terror leader – not from interrogation of an al-Qaeda courier.
- Top American officials negotiated with Pakistani officials to let them carry out the operation to kill bin Laden on Pakistani soil.
- There was no vaccination program used to college the DNA from bin Laden’s compound – it was all made up as part of an elaborate cover-story after the fact.
- The Pakistani intelligence service, ISI, cut power to the neighborhood where bin Laden was hiding on the day of the raid and made sure no Pakistani forces would not interfere with the American choppers flying into sovereign airspace.
- There was no firefight during the SEAL raid – the only shots fired were those that killed bin Laden, whom Hersh described as a feeble, unarmed man.
- Bin Laden was cut off from al-Qaeda at the time of his killing and was not running the terrorist group
- There was almost no useful intelligence information found his compound.
- After he was killed, bin Laden was not buried at sea, but instead buried in Afghanistan.
- Obama publicly announced the commando raid and claimed public credit for it, despite agreeing with the Pakistanis to keep the action secret for seven days and eventually say bin Laden had been killed in a drone strike.
- Obama’s announcement badly alienated Pakistani leaders and all but obliterated the military and intelligence ties between the two nations.
“Obama’s speech was put together in a rush,” Hersh wrote. “This series of self-serving and inaccurate statements would create chaos in the weeks following.”
The White House has not yet responded to Hersh’s accusations.