ROMNEY WORDSWORTH – 1) Single moms are not tough and independent. They are basket cases that rely on forced government wealth transfers to just stay afloat. From SNAP, to Food Stamps, to WiC, to Alimony, to Child Support, to Welfare, single mothers suck resources from everyone around them more than a baby sucking a teat. The United States spends a trillion dollars on welfare every year, and the vast majority of that money goes to single moms. Unless you think a parasite or a leech is tough and independent, single moms are actually the opposite.
2) She’s already a great mom. No, she’s not. Single mothers as a statistical category are the worst parents, producing the highest percentage of school drop outs, child suicides, criminals, drug users, and children who themselves get pregnant while still teenaged. Statistically, there is no greater single negative predictive factor for a child’s future than one who is being raised by a single mother. It’s even worse than being poor or a minority, although there is a lot of overlap with all three demographics. A great mom keeps a father around to help raise her children, and doesn’t have sex with a louse who will abandon her in the first place.
3) She’s incredibly patient, but doesn’t have a lot of tolerance for bad behavior. No, she’s not, and yes, she does. See #2 above.
4) She doesn’t play games, she doesn’t have time to fool around and takes her relationships seriously. Wrong again. If these things were true, then why isn’t she still with the father of her children? Either she didn’t take the relationship seriously, or she fooled around with a bad boy who then ditched her, instead of picking a more reliable person to have sex with.
5) She’ll only keep you around if your relationship is a good thing for her and her children. You won’t have to guess if she’s in to you. No. If this were true, she would have not had a relationship with a guy who wouldn’t stick around to raise her children with her. Instead its far more likely that she is drowning in debt, and is willing to stick her hooks into any hovering Beta Male with a bank account that is in her orbit.
6) Single moms are easy to pamper. They don’t get breaks from parenting that often. Yes, this one is true. But what does it actually mean? It means that she is like Atlas, looking to invite someone else to bear the weight of the world off of her shoulders. You know what they say: Misery loves company. Welcome to Baby Jail.
7) She’s loyal, and is fiercely protective of her little brood. Wouldn’t loyalty mean that you stay with the guy who fathered your child? Either he was a nice guy that she drove off with her bad personality traits, or she had sex with a guy with bad personality traits and then couldn’t stick it out. Either way, a single mom is a poster girl for Disloyalty.
8) She can articulate what she wants and needs from a relationship. Yes, she communicated before that she wanted a sperm donor when she had children with some other guy, but she didn’t communicate all the other things like love, commitment, and planning for a life together, because the father of her children is no longer around. So, actually, being a single mom means she did a rather lousy job last time around at communicating her needs and wants.
9) Single moms are both practical and fun. There’s no room for diva behavior. Really? Try making single moms responsible for their poor financial decisions and life choices, and let’s see if we see some diva behavior. Having a child and then making the decisions that lead her to raising a child by herself, by definition, were impractical and irresponsible in the extreme. Now, she’s either no fun because she is putting in a lot of parenting time, or she is still fun, which means she’s a bad parent who neglects her children. If you do date a single mom, you are going to be parachuting in to the most difficult and challenging parenting role yourself, as a step-parent. You’ll have an ex who is hovering in the background, looking over your shoulder, and you’ll have to deal with children who will resent you and not recognize your parental authority. Doesn’t that sound like fun?
10) She’s selfless. Single mom’s put the needs of others before their own. Really? What about the needs of her children to have a father? It would seem that those needs got over-looked, probably in exchange for a brief fling of selfish passion.
11) You’ll have an excuse to play with toys. Ah, you don’t need an excuse to play with toys if that is what you want to do as a single man. You can buy your own X-box (and actually have time to play with it, do RV modeling, cosplay, and buy sports cars (hotwheels for grownups). There is a whole community of adults that proudly still plays with legos. You don’t need to date a single mom to get permission to do so.
12) She’s adaptable. She knows that life doesn’t always go as planned and has learned to make the best of it. Yes, her life didn’t go as planned. Why should you doom yours as well?
13) Single moms can do it all but appreciate a helping hand. Woo her with acts of service. Well, if she can do it all, then why is her hands in your wallet via government taxes and the social welfare state? You are already supporting EVERY single mom, whether you date them or not. Acts of service is a duty, not a romance. It’s what happens when you are drafted into the army. It’s not a model for your date life.