ELDER PATRIOT – “We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.”…AYN RAND
Rassmussen Reports, the highly regarded polling company, released a new report this week finding that:
“… 45% of voters are concerned that the government will use U.S. military training operations to impose greater control over some states, with 19% who are Very Concerned. Just over half (52%) are not concerned that the government has an ulterior motive for the training exercises, including 26% who are Not At All Concerned.”
The poll was conducted to gage American’s concerns in response to the Jade Helm military training exercises taking place in the west and southwest.
Forty-five percent is a significantly large percentage of voters suggesting an examination of where that concern stems from is appropriate:
• Franklin Davis Marshall had significant influence over a young Barack Obama. Marshall was a propagandist for the Communist Party USA.
• President Obama’s roots are as a community organizer and, while there is no evidence of the use of violence or force in his past, there is a history of association with known terrorists. Specifically, William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, leaders of the Weather Underground known to have strong communist ties.
• Prior to his inauguration, Barack Obama promised; “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”
• In 2008, during the first year of his presidency Barack Obama declared; “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” A President measures his words carefully, and these words eerily bring to mind Hitler’s Brown Shirts.
• President Obama is an ardent gun control advocate. He has seized every opportunity – Aurora and Sandy Hook – to advance stricter gun control laws and outright confiscation. Opening another front against gun owners’ rights to be armed, Homeland Security purchased 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammunition creating a shortage for regular citizens. Hollow points are more expensive than regular ammunition of similar caliber and are illegal under international law. If they’re not for target practice because of cost considerations and they aren’t intended for use abroad we are left to consider that they have been procured for use against American citizens on our soil. That provides the firepower to shoot every American 5 times.
• The President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing calls for an increased federal role over local law enforcement agencies. Coupled with the president’s stricter gun control agenda, centralized command and control would remove any semblance of a meaningful militia by which the citizenry could protect itself against an over-reach of government. Thomas Jefferson warned us; “For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.”
• The Department of Homeland Security has a fleet of heavily armored personnel carriers that have been decommissioned from the Iraq and Afghani wars. There have been too many sightings of these MRAPs to deny the size of the fleet.
• As Commander-in-Chief, Obama has purged as many as 200 military leaders, many highly decorated patriots.
• There has been much discussion of the construction of FEMA camps and what their intended purposes might be.
• The NSA is gathering and storing every phone conversation, text message, and email that American’s make.
• Now come the Jade Helm military exercise.
Any of these alone can easily be explained away on ideological differences in philosophy or political misspeak. Together, they raise suspicions to uncomfortable levels. But, there’s still more.
The President and his administration have ignored the will of the majority on too many occasions:
• In 2009, Head of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano released a report that warned military veterans facing the challenges associated with reintegrating into their communities “could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.” Incredibly, the same administration that found it impossible to invoke the term “Islamic Terrorist,” now expressed fear of bona fide American patriots.
• The ramming of the Affordable Care Act through without reading it.
• The federal government is collecting record revenues through the confiscation of the rewards of the labor of American workers yet they are still running at deficits in excess of $1 trillion annually.
• They have refused to do anything about closing our borders and instituting some order to our immigration process. It’s difficult for voters to reconcile open borders with the strict standards and concerns this administration has exhibited over mainstream Americans.
• Sidling up to Iran while abandoning our long-standing allies. It’s hard to understand allowing a state that is founded in Islamic Fundamentalism to become a nuclear power.
• 95 million American workers are without jobs while corporations and government work together to stifle competition and enrich themselves.
• The push for net neutrality with the potential that provides to stymie conflicting political speech.
The term “Conspiracy Theorist” has been widely employed to discredit anyone who questions the official account of events. It has been employed every time someone questions this administration. Either that, or they’re labeled a racist. When does the term conspiracy theory give way to reasonable assumptions based on mounting empirical evidence? When does theory become accepted as fact? At what point did the good people of Nazi Germany wake up?
Thomas Jefferson observed;
“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”
The Rassmussen poll shows a healthy distrust for a government that in too many cases has proven tone-deaf to so many Americans. Our Founders would be proud.